Fate vs. Free Will: You Can’t Choose Your Tests in Life But You Can Prepare
The debate about fate vs. free will has raged for thousands of years.
The majority of the most respected ancient astrologers, numerologists, and mystics throughout recorded history (before modern times) fully embraced predetermination.
In other words, they believed that the core elements of your life, the chief circumstances and events, are predestined.
An aside, the term destiny is greatly misunderstood and misused today, particularly by New Age marketers. The authentic, ancient meaning of destiny is the same as fate: unique, immutable conditions and situations in your life.
Although you can make the most of your fate through free will, you can’t escape the core of your destiny (challenges and rewards).
Things in Your Life You Can Control:
- What you think. However, you mostly can’t control subconscious impressions, which greatly influence your thinking. Hypnosis helps in attempting to modify unconscious fears, although defenses are much more complex.
- How you respond to things in your life that you can’t control, such as other people’s behavior and actions, unless you lack impulse control and habitually react uncontrollably. By the way, impulse control is accurately assessed through handwriting analysis, which is an excellent way to reduce your risk.
- What you say.
- How you approach your work, the attitude you nurture.
- How you spend your leisure time.
- Who you associate with.
- What you decide to eat.
- How you spend your money.
- How much compassion and unconditional love you generate, which can go a long way in enhancing your destiny.
Things in Your Life You Can’t Control:
- How you are tested—those times in your life when your integrity, honesty, faith, convictions, etc. are put to the test.
- God’s will, which is another way to say predetermination, fate, destiny, or predestination.
- The choices and actions of others; what they feel, think, say, or do.
- Disease, physical limitations, and illness (but you can possibly reduce your susceptibility through healthy habits).
- God’s laughter when you announce your plans for the future.
- Your subconscious fears and defenses. Although you can modify (e.g., through hypnosis) and learn to live with many unconscious fears (e.g., fear of flying, fear of expression, et al.), you must learn to live with most of them, and unconscious defenses can’t really be modified. Incidentally, handwriting analysis very effectively outlines subconscious fears and defenses.
- Criticism and rejection from others.
- Level of unique, innate strife or harmony between you and another person.
- Natural disasters.
- The family you are born into.
- Your early life environment.
- Unavoidable happenings in your life, such as your pet damaging or destroying your property.
- Future life karma generated from past lives.
- The undercurrent of your collective personal karma that symbolically shapes everything in your life.
Unfortunately, there is a lot in life that you can’t control. However, you can better prepare for life’s trials through self-knowledge. Comprehensive astrology and numerology successfully outline personal destiny, and handwriting analysis superbly uncovers hidden personality features, allowing you to dramatically reduce your risk.
“Whosoever may be adapted to any particular event or pursuit, will assuredly have the (collective energy of various heavenly bodies) indicative thereof very potent in his nativity.” Claudius Ptolemy, 2nd century AD astrologer
“In historic events, the so-called great men are labels giving names to events, and like labels they have but the smallest connection with the event itself. Every act of theirs, which appears to them an act of their own will, is in an historical sense involuntary and is related to the whole course of history and predestined from eternity” Leo Tolstoy, 19th century novelist, author of War and Peace
Copyright © 2011 Scott Petullo